Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Amazon Drive API Discontinued

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
rstark18

Amazon Drive API Discontinued

Post by rstark18 »

It looks as though Amazon has removed access to their API that allows SyncBack to work.
I was using this to backup all my personal photos for free (Prime members have unlimited storage for photos).
Does anyone know of another FREE and unlimited or very large (over 30gb) cloud storage that can be accessed by Syncback?
Thanks,
frostyofthenorth
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Amazon Drive API Discontinued

Post by frostyofthenorth »

I've run into the same scenario. After six months of uploading many TBs of photos to Amazon Photos/Drive, SyncBackPro reported authorization errors and support confirmed that Amazon has cut off access.

I may try Backblaze. It's not ideal because they charge by computer but it might get me by until I find a better option.
LaryW
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by LaryW »

For the fun of it I thought I'd ask them via chat why they cancelled access using third party apps.

After getting the first person confused she handed me off to the next tier. Not surprising, she didn't have an answer. Said I could use the Amazon app to upload but I told her SyncBack Pro offered too many features and made selectively uploading easy. I also said that I had cancelled my extra storage and had to move to Google Drive. She said she'd pass on my "request" to the developers.

Oh well.....
frostyofthenorth
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by frostyofthenorth »

Same here. For kicks, I got on chat with them and asked. The guy I talked to knew right away what I was asking about. He said he would pass on the feedback.

It's a shame.