Q: How do I send an attachment with my support ticket?
You may send attachments with your support ticket which help in the diagnosis of the issue you are reporting. For example, you may wish to attach a log file, screenshot, etc. To do so you must first Login or Register. When you are logged in you may Create a Support Ticket.
Maximum Attachment File Size
If the attachment is 10MB or less in size then you can attach it to your support ticket. If the file is over 10MB in size then you must upload it (maximum size 18MB). The sections below provide details.
Attaching Files 10MB in size or less
Follow these steps if the attachment file is 10MB or less in size (if it is over 10MB in size then you must upload it).
Note that it is generally best to complete your body text first (previewing/re-editing it if required) and leave the Attach stage till last. If you Preview a message with Attachments, then go back to re-edit your body text, you may lose the Attachments, and need to re-Attach them.
1. Use the Attach link below the body of the support ticket entry (see screenshot below):
2. Click the Browse button and select your file:
3 Click the Upload button and wait for the upload to complete (note that this step can be easily forgotten):
4. If you have multiple attachments you wish to send (up to the 10MB limit per post), although you cannot select multiple files in one operation, you can repeat the Browse | Upload stages if you wish (up to the 10MB limit)
5. Because you can repeat the Browse | Upload stages, there needs to be a way of signalling you are finished Attaching, which is the DONE button, which you should click to complete the attachment process (note that the ticket submission is not yet complete - simply the attachment process). If you omit clicking Done, it will discard the files in the buffer!
IMPORTANT: do not click outside the Attach dialog until it closes (after you click Done). In some browsers, this will arbitrarily close the dialog part-way through the process, and you will need to repeat the entire attachment operation.
When you have completed writing your message in the ticket submission text field click the Submit button.
Note that our support system will often provide you with a list of possible articles that may answer the issue about which you are seeking support. If your inquiry is not addressed, click the Submit Ticket button at the base of the page that presents potential solutions to your difficulties. This completes the ticket submission process. If you close the web-page without clicking the Submit Ticket button, your ticket will be discarded (because you may not need to submit it if the article/s solved your issue).
Bear in mind you can submit multiple successive posts with a <10MB Attachment each, if that helps.
Uploading Files between 10MB and 18MB in size
Follow these steps if the attachment file size is over 10MB in size and under 18MB (if the attachment is 10MB or less in size then you can attach it to your support ticket):
- Go to the file upload page: http://www.2brightsparks.com/upload.
- Click the Login button.
- The login username and password will have been given to you by our technical support staff in the reply to your support ticket. If it has not please request it in your support ticket.
- After you've logged in enter your support ticket number (you will find your ticket number in the subject of every support ticket notification you receive).
- Select the file you wish to upload by clicking the Browse... button.
- Click the Upload Files button.
- A new page will open when the upload is successful.
Uploading Files over 18MB in size
If you need to send us files that are over 18MB in size, we can provide special instructions how to do so via your support ticket. There are issues surrounding browser uploads which make the procedures above less reliable for very large files. Please ask for such instructions if so, and do not attempt to upload files >18MB via the upload area above.