Avira Free Antivirus

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBackSE/Pro. Note that it is not an evaluation version of SyncBackSE/Pro.

Avira Free Antivirus

Postby marc123 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:55 am

I use Syncback to make daily backups. Recently Avira have been placing scanfile in their applications and I receive a daily failure notice with my backup. The error is detailed below.

\All Users\Application Data\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\TEMP\scaninfo(1128).tmp

[Not in destination, Failed to copy source: Cannot read file (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\TEMP\scaninfo(1128).tmp): The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process ]

I have tried using a wildcard in the name and placing it in Filter, files not to copy, as follows scaninfo(*.*).tmp but this and a host of other permutations of the name does not work.

Help would be gratefully received
marc123

Re: Avira Free Antivirus

Postby Dave Wilkins » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:53 pm

Try de-selecting that folder

\All Users\Application Data\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\TEMP\

altogether (via the Choose... dialog). Bear in mind it is for temp files (likely with 'agile' names) that are irrelevant a short while later. Plus, if it won't let you copy it, it's going to be even harder to Restore (overwrite) it (and it would probably be even more out of date by then if you could)
Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby marc123 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Thanks so much, your advice worked and the error is gone. I had been using SyncbackSE v3 and have just upgraded to 6.5.4.0 and a new problem has developed. I have a schedule to backup to a removable drive once a week and the new version sees this as a corrupt profile because the destination points to a drive not presently connected. So each time I start Syncback I get the popup....The profile "Syncbach to E" is corrupt. Is there a way of stopping the notice, it didn't occur with v3. Again many thanks.
marc123

Postby Dave Wilkins » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:38 am

Suggest delete it and re-create it from within V6
Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby marc123 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:26 pm

That worked just fine....thanks for a great service and a great product.
marc123

Return to SyncBackFree V6 (freeware)