Feature Request: Clients screen

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/

Feature Request: Clients screen

Postby jtgrimes » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:44 pm

This started out as a request for the ability to identify which software version each client machine was at. As I thought about it, though, I realized that the way I think about my setup here is at the machine level, so a Clients screen would be nice.

Perhaps the following columns:
  • IP Address
  • Machine Name...
  • Syncback version...
  • last profile name/time/status...
  • last logged in user.

That way I can see which machines I need to fix (since I'm not allowed to "fix" my users in the sense that I would like).
jtgrimes

Re: Feature Request: Clients screen

Postby esgroup » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:53 pm

In addition, I would also like to to see the following enhancements:

1. Set the number of days you see a profile run, right now it is defaulted to 7 and if I miss a day viewing profile status, the number is misleading, I would like to set my setting to 1 day, so the console screen is cleared everyday. Refer to a report if I want to see multiple days, see if a backup failed more than 1 day in a row.

2. Have the ability to setup email to be sent out and determine a severity level in which the email is to be sent. For example, have it send a email if a profile did not run.

Thanks.
esgroup

Postby mickyj » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:27 am

jtgrimes wrote:That way I can see which machines I need to fix (since I'm not allowed to "fix" my users in the sense that I would like).

A lot of this information is already in the History. Unless I'm mistaken, what you want to know is which machines have outdated installations of Pro installed? Because if you're referring to which machines have profiles that have failed to run then that's in the History information. Thanks.
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby jsmply » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:42 pm

I could see the version of Pro installed being very useful information also. If you are managing a large number of users, this would be very helpful to see who needs to upgrade and who does not. Some competing products do have this functionality in their management console.

I'm not sure if it's been discussed elsewhere, but has there been talk of the ability to push updated versions to the clients?
jsmply
Expert
Expert

Postby jtgrimes » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:36 pm

I can't check out the History screen at the moment while I'm waiting for a bug to get resolved, but my recollection is that it was less an issue of the information being unavailable and more about it being optimized for the way I work.

Once I'm able to get back in, I'll see if I can't explain what I'm looking for a little better.
jtgrimes

Postby jtgrimes » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Ok...

When I look at the history screen, I can see every profile that has been run in the last X amount of time. What would be better organized for me would be a list of machines and the ability to click through for details. For visual people like me I've attached screenshots of what it looks like now and what I wish it looked like. The "I wish" version isn't full of a bunch of successful runs that I need to weed through to find the information I want -- I just want to know how each machine in my group is doing and whether it needs attention.
sync_history.png
What it looks like now...
sync_history.png (26.78 KiB) Viewed 4706 times
sync_computers.png
What it would look like if I were the king of the forest...
sync_computers.png (23.81 KiB) Viewed 4706 times
jtgrimes

Return to SBM Service and Console