Old timer looking for new backup solutions

Do not post questions here! For reporting errors or missing information in help files, translations, documentation, etc. for all 2BrightSparks software and the web site.

Old timer looking for new backup solutions

Postby Roadrunnersparade » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:57 am

I have been using tape backup for years. Recently, I needed to recover a tape that was four years old. I have always used tape backups, but many people have advised that it’s just not the right system anymore.

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can bring myself up to speed? My buddy suggested trying a web service so I could [spamming link to competitor deleted] my data? But other sites have recommended I use [spamming link to competitor deleted] or [spamming link to competitor deleted]. What do you all think about any of these choices?

I would live to study, and not study to live. - Francis Bacon
Roadrunnersparade

old timer looking for new backup solutions

Postby bunrunner » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:39 pm

I had a computer guru inform me the other day that the most reliable backups are done with flash drives... they don't fade or become unreadable.
I picked up a 4GB flash drive the other day for $9.99 at Target.

Another hard drive or CD drive can eventually lose data.

I don't know how accurate this info is, but the techie that told me that is very good.

Syncback Pro will back up to flash drives
bunrunner

Return to Help files, documentation, translations, etc.