Sync from one hard drive to another over a network

Do not post questions here! For reporting errors or missing information in help files, translations, documentation, etc. for all 2BrightSparks software and the web site.

Sync from one hard drive to another over a network

Postby Bill » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:46 pm

Hello,

I am brand new to SyncBack and am getting used to the free version. Thanks very much for your quality product. I installed it in order to sync
one entire hard drive partition on computer A to one entire hard drive on computer B over a LAN. It is doing this right now. The hard drive space on computer B is about 10 GB more than the partition space on computer A. This content quickly fills as it is multimedia files.

My question is - what happens when the used space grows and exceeds that of the partition space on computer A? Do I need to make sure that both locations have exactly the same storage space in order to sync (or mirror) correctly? I assume this is the case. If so, need I reduce the size of the partition on computer B?
Bill

Postby Dave Wilkins » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:33 am

Hi

Friendly hint... you are posting in a forum meant only for discussions on (and maybe pointing out errors in...) Help files and other documentation - this forum is not meant for requests for help (small 'h') with the program itself.

I think you maybe want to post in the SyncBack freeware forum? If so, please re-post in that forum. That way, if the thread turns out to be a long one, we don't end up with a long thread in the wrong place (or, a wrong thread in the long place :wink: )

Rgds
DW
Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Return to Help files, documentation, translations, etc.