Sync with compression/ftp

For technical support visit http://support.2brightsparks.com/

Sync with compression/ftp

Postby Delivereath » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi,

I'm successfully using SyncBackSE for a few months now. However, there is still one point which is not working. I'm synchronising my left folder with an FTP server using compression. However, if I create a file directly on the FTP side (without compression), SyncBack doesn't copy it to the left side even if I selected "Copy file to Left" if created on Right. I assume that this due to the fact that the file is not compressed. It would be nice if it was able to copy the uncompressed file from right to left, delete the original from right and finally recopy it from left to right with compression. Is there any way to achieve this ?

Thanks and best regards,
Alex
Delivereath

Re: Sync with compression/ftp

Postby Dave Wilkins » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Not supported. If you use Compression with FTP, the Compressed files must be on the FTP side (with their uncompressed equivalents on the local side), and the profile will ignore any files on the FTP side that

a) do not have the appropriate extension (Zip, Zipx, etc)

and (for 'one file one Zip')

b) do not carry the additional Zip-name encoding we use to tell us the size and LastMod of the file inside the Zip (without having to download it to open it to find out...)
Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Sync with compression/ftp

Postby Delivereath » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:17 pm

I've been thinking about it. I think that I will have to first copy all non-zip files from right to left, delete them on right and finally execute my normal profile which will zip and copy them to right. I will try that.
Delivereath

Return to SyncBackSE V6/V5 (commercial)