Problem with SynBack

SyncBack freeware has been retired and replaced with SyncBackFree. These old posts are being kept for reference only. SyncBack V3 freeware is no longer supported or available for download.

Problem with SynBack

Postby carlodotti » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:52 pm

I am using SyncBack V.3.2.14.0 (Italian) to keep synchronized one desktop and one portable, both running XP.
The two computers are connected through a simple LAN, with a router.
Almost every time that I run SyncBack (from the desktop) (I do it every 2 or 3 days), the program hangs up.
After several trials, I found that the problem is with the portable, where the lanmanserver is suspended. I have to restart the portable, execute services.msc, restart the lanmanserver service and then SyncBack works.
I understand that the problem is probably not related to SyncBack, but this connection problem happens with SyncBack only.
I tried to set lanmanserver to automatic start, but with no success.
Thanks.
Carlo
carlodotti

Postby vitaliy » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:46 am

Hi,

There is nothing that we can help you with in this case: this is not a SyncBackSE problem.
You may be lucky, and if you do these instructions ( http://www.2brightsparks.com/help/index ... &id=256&c= ) then you're able to work around that problem.
vitaliy
Expert
Expert

Postby tonyanty70 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:31 am

Ho cercato nel Forum, ma zoppico un po' in inglese, non mi azzardo a scrivere... :roll:
Uso SyncBack per sincronizzare i files su un sito ftp e funziona tutto bene.
Volevo chiedere se è normale che modifichi data e ora dei files in locale alla data del backup.
Questo per me è un problema in quanto non ho più le date originali sui file locali. Sai se c'è un modo per lasciare inalterata la data?
Io uso la ver. 3.2.14.0.
Grazie e ciao. :wink:
tonyanty70@yahoo.it
tonyanty70

Postby Dave Wilkins » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:58 am

Using an online translator and a little imagination, I get this English version

I sought in the Forum, but I limp a little bit in English, (thus) I do not risk to write... I use SyncBack to synchronize the files on a situated ftp and works all well. I wanted it ask if it is normal that the local copies of the files change Modified date to the date of the backup. This for me is a problem as I have not more the original dates on the local file. You know if there it is a manner to leave unchanged the date? I use the ver. 3.2.14.0. Thanks and hello.

If you are really using Synchronise (so that changes on the FTP are copied back to 'local' in addition to > >), compared to a normal Backup (one-way only), this might be the cause of the problem > > >

FTP servers are notorious for being unable to store dates accurately. If they store the file-date as [date of backup], then on next run, if the versions on [local] have not changed, it will seem to SyncBack that the versions on FTP are more recent. If the profile is a Sync, it will copy them back to [local]. There is no change to contents of file, but now the date on both sides is changed to [previous backup date]

One cure for this is to stop using Sync; use a normal Backup. There will still be problems with the dates of the copies on the FTP server, but at least they will not 'infect' copies on [local]

If you are not using a Sync profile, but just confused the name, post back, as it may be a different problem

Regards
DW

BTW: I used http://ets.freetranslation.com/ to translate - you may wish to use to translate my reply. It seems to be better than most translation sites
Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Postby tonyanty70 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:09 am

Thank you for having answered even if I had written in Italian :oops:

I use a profile of backup, and
the files are always copied from the source to the destination,
that is from the PC to the server ftp.
The date on the local PC changes while I set in action the backup.
Tanks. ciao
tonyanty70

Return to SyncBack V3 (freeware)